To help you determine what can be consigned at the Bradford Heights Outgrown Sale, please refer to the list below. All items must be gently used and in very good working
YOUTH-RELATED ITEMS TO CONSIGN
- Clothes, blankets, and other items made entirely of dyed or undyed textiles (including cotton, wool, hemp, nylon, etc.), dyed or undyed yarn,
non-metallic thread, trim, hook-and-loop (Velcro), and elastic. Infant and children's clothing must be sizes 0 through 16. Maternity clothing is also accepted, as is spirit wear from any
school in the Downingtown Area School District.
- Children's outdoor toys, including bicycles, tricycles, scooters, swings, etc.
- Baby equipment, including monitors, bathtubs, etc.
- Toys, games, and puzzles (Complete sets only)
- Children's sports gear
- Children's accessories, including purses, backpacks, lunchboxes, belts, sunglasses, etc.
- Shoes in the following sizes: Baby 0-5, Todder 5-13, Youth 1-8 (if style is approppriate for children)
- Children's dancewear and costumes (Complete ensembles only)
- Youth-related home decor
- Movies and books (Infant, toddler, and elementary age appropriate only; No fabric books)
SEASONAL CLOTHING ITEM
GUIDELINES: SPRING/SUMMER SALE
- Clothing Materials: Clothing made of materials meant for colder seasons will NOT be accepted. Examples include velvet, velour, corduroy, suede, wool, thermal, polar fleece,
- Tops: Short-sleeve tops made of accepted clothing materials are accepted. Long-sleeve tops will not be accepted unless they are spring/summer holiday related (e.g. St.
Patrick’s Day, Easter, Fourth of July, etc.). However, lightweight sweatshirts and cardigans meant as a light layer for cooler spring/summer weather will be accepted.
- Bottoms:Pants, shorts, skirts, skorts, capris, and leggings made of accepted clothing materials are accepted.
- Pajamas: Toddler, children, and tween-sized pajamas should have short sleeves and can include shorts and/or pants. Infant sleepers (Newborn-24 months) with long sleeves are
- Special Occasion: Spring dresses and boys' formal wear are accepted, including long-sleeve suits and button-down dress shirts.
- Swim: All swim-related apparel and gear is accepted.
- Jackets: Lightweight spring jackets (including rain, jean, and wind) made of accepted clothing material are accepted.
- Shoes: Accepted items include sneakers, casual shoes, dress shoes, sandals, flip-flops, Crocs, and water shoes. Rain boots are accepted, but all other types of boots will NOT be
ITEM GUIDELINES: FALL/WINTER SALE
Materials: Clothing made of lightweight materials
meant for warmer seasons will NOT be accepted. Examples include linen, seersucker, etc.
Tops: Long-sleeve shirts & sweaters made of accepted clothing materials are accepted. As a general rule, short-sleeve tops will not be
accepted at the Fall/Winter Sale. We will only accept short-sleeve tops that are specifically fall/winter holiday-related (e.g. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine’s
Day, or St. Patrick’s Day) or that are "tech" material. (See Athletic Clothes for additional information.) Infant onesies are accepted but should be packaged within a clear bag, as they will be
displayed on a table at the sale.
Bottoms: Pants, jeans, chinos, skirts, skorts, and leggings made of accepted clothing materials are accepted.
Athletic Clothes: Clothes made of "tech" moisture-wicking material are accepted. This includes both short-sleeve and long-sleeve tops, sports jerseys, pants, tights, and
Pajamas: Infant, toddler, children, and tween-sized pajamas or sleepers should have long-sleeves and pants. Short-sleeve sleepwear will not be
Special Occasion: Holiday dresses and boys' formal wear are accepted. Please note that short-sleeve holiday dresses are accepted if they are made of materials meant for
colder seasons, including velvet, velour, corduroy, suede, and wool.
Outerwear: Coats, jackets (including rain, jean, and wind jackets), vests, snowgear (including snowsuits, snow pants, and snow bibs), winter hats, gloves, mittens, and scarves are
Shoes: Accepted items include sneakers, casual shoes, “fur-lined” Crocs, dress shoes, and boots (including rain, snow, or dress boots).
ITEMS THAT CANNOT BE ACCEPTED AT THE SALE
Items that are damaged, stained, torn, missing pieces, broken, or out-of-season.
Due to federal safety standards, cribs cannot be sold at the sale.
Also, because of state regulations in the Upholstered Resale Category (to prevent bedbugs), the Bradford Heights Outgrown Sale has chosen NOT to resell any upholstered items. The items that
are affected by these state regulations include:
- Bedding (including comforters, crib bumpers, mattresses, pillows, etc.)
- Pack N Plays
- Bouncer seats
- Potties with cushioned seats
- Strollers with padding and cushions (Umbrella strollers are accepted.)
- High Chairs with padding and cushions (Wooden chairs are accepted.)
- All car seats, including booster seats
- Padded baby carriers
- Padded costumes
- Padded playmats
- Doll bedding
- Upholstered furniture of any kind
No recalled items or items pending any recall notice are accepted. Recalled items are determined by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.